Friday, March 27, 2009

Frustration

It's been a long time since I'm really feeling frustrated. This time it's because of the graduation trip that may or may not take place. At first, all of us wanted to go to Redang since it's very famous in Malaysia and a lot of us have not gone to that place before.

But then, no one is willing to take charge of the trip. None of us went to the Matta Fair where we could get a lower price. No one does anything until last week. I told my mother about the trip that we wanted to go but no one's taking charge and my mum told me her friend knows a resort owner in Cherating.

Then, I tried to ask my mother to get some info on Cherating so that we could at least have a back up if the redang trip fails. I told a few friends about this Cherating resort and they seemed interested. Next thing I know, another friend managed to ask her friend who's working in tourism about the redang trip.

So, I asked my mother not to ask around bout the Cherating trip anymore. Then, she told me the price is too high and want to ask bout the Cherating trip. When I got the info, I told them better to make the decision fast as I'm scared it'll be fully booked but still we need to wait until Friday, the day when we have our tutorial class.

Today, our tutorial class ended very early but all of them was busy doing the exercise. Ok, no problem. So I waited. Then, most of them finished the exercise but still some of them have questions to ask. So I waited until everyone's absolutely free and there was just 30 minutes left. Then the sir has to ask those questions and my friend has to answer his questions and provide those useless explanation to him. I mean, he's not even going for the trip, why does he want to know about those tiniest details?

When it's time to make decision, I'm really frustrated. One of them said she's still not sure whether she can make it or not and her other two friends say they'll go if she goes. I mean, all of us are friends, so why can't they go when that one particular friend of them will not go? It's not like they do not know us.

Then, fine. Everything's over and I called my mum to ask her to book the resort on 7-9 May. She said ok. Not long after I reached home, my mum called me and said that the resort is fully booked for weekends until June. So, I asked my mum to ask whether there's any rooms available for weekdays.

I had to send sms to the group leaders to tell them that there may be a problem with the date. Later, my mum said ok, there are rooms available on 11-13 and she had already booked that date. Then, I talked to another friend of mine and she said it's not very convenient for those who actually do not live in KL because they need to come back to KL on Sunday, which is the Mother's Day.

Then, I tried to ask my mother to change the date. Finally, the date has been changed to 12-14. Then I had to sms back all those people and tell them that the date has been changed and ask them to confirm with me on Mon. Some of them even had the nerve not to reply me. I was already very frustrated with the whole thing and not receiving reply from them just made me furious.

I was thinking why am I trying so hard to so-called 'organising' this trip when it's obvious that they (some of them, anyway) don't really care about this trip. Why should I try so hard and be a busy body? Maybe it's just better to mimic some of them. Sitting around doing nothing and when someone presents his or her idea, just ask some questions and criticises them. It's a lot easier than what I'm doing now. Not that they'll appreciate my efforts also.

5 comments:

wenny said...

felt very sorry....
sorry mum.....

Anonymous said...

everything will be fine..
i very appreciated wat u have done, and ur mother help us a lot oso..
sorry for trouble a lot..
anyways, hope this trip ll be run eventhough jz u and me..haha..

Philip said...

Dun so angry la kah mun..I sorry din reply you..waiting till i get the green light from my parents..

Dun angry..=(

shu ling said...

soli, mun mun....
thanks 4 u...
really thanks n soli...
make u so trouble...
i nt purposely nt listen ur phone,
is my phone nt bateri liao...
soli....=(

Pei said...

baobei..
thanks..
sorry..
appreciated..
love..

to u...